Vulcan UAV is a company specialising in the design and manufacture of custom multi-rotor UAVs. We are a small and agile company with a varied portfolio of projects including both new and established clients.
The primary requirement for this role is to run an Innovate UK (IUK) project in which Vulcan UAV is a partner; we are currently 11 months into the project which has a duration of two years. The successful candidate will be project lead within the company for the duration of the project, involved in design and development, as well as assembly and the testing of aircraft and related systems. There is the possibility of full employment once the project is complete.
Whilst the IUK project will be the foremost responsibility of this role, there will also be involvement in other product development and testing, parts manufacture and aircraft assembly, as required. As a small company doing custom work, all members of our team need to be flexible in their work and with this in mind a broad skill set and range of experience will be of great benefit.
Ideally you will have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Multi-rotor UAV experience with a good understanding of the principles involved in their operation and makeup
- Multi-rotor assembly, system building and sensor integration
- PixHawk flight control system
- Drone flying and RC model experience
- CAD design
- Electronics design, and assembly
- Embedded systems programming
- Coding C++
- RF communications systems
- 4G communications
- Project management
- Quality control
- Consistently high levels of care and accuracy in your work
- A practical and ordered approach
- The flexibility and ability to turn your hand to a wide range of tasks as required
- Good levels of self-motivation
- A broad range of experience in different technical environments
- Reliability, honesty and trustworthiness
- Ability to work well on your own and as part of a team
We offer a competitive day rate (to be agreed subject to experience), comfortable working conditions with a friendly team in the heart of Gloucestershire.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.