We look for the risk-takers , the collaborators , the inspired and the inspirational . We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application . Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities .
Sony Electronics currently has an opening for Staff Software Engineer in our User Experience and Technology Center located in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for developing algorithms and architectures for integration into new Sony products.
Responsibilities will include investigating and utilizing complex engineering and mathematical principles to develop core technologies, compose algorithm structures and find solutions to problems. This will include assessment and improvement of algorithm performance on a variety of platforms. This position also requires the manager to analyze and determine system standards and test procedures.
This individual will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors and demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Research and assess current technologies
- Create new concepts and follow them from initial design to prototype delivery
- Document all phases of research and development
- Submission of intellectual property
- Prepare periodic reports as needed for management review
- Contribute to department strategic decision-making
- Travel to visit project counterparts
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or related scientific field, is required. Ph.D. is highly preferred.
- 5+ years of hands on engineering experience, preferably in robotics, autonomous systems, UAV flight control
- Knowledge and experience in feedback control system, state estimation, system identification, flight dynamics, visual positioning, multi sensor fusion, and navigation
- Research work and publications in related areas are highly preferred
- Programming skills in C/C++, Python and familiarity with open source flight control and computer vision programs are required
- Excellent communication skills are required
- All candidates must be authorized to work in USA
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
9 days ago - source