Country:United States of America
Location:HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (LVL 2) - Embedded UAV Controls
Collins Aerospace is the premier developer and manufacturer of flight control navigation and electronic engine control systems specializing in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Our success and rapid growth equal new opportunities for talented engineers to join our team. At Collins you will work with enthusiastic and innovative business and technical professionals in a fast paced and positive environment. You will contribute directly to exciting projects on the cutting edge of controls technology.
Our group has become one of the go-to places for solving difficult flight control, estimation, and navigation problems. Our customers come to us because they know we have the skills, knowledge, and determination to tackle the tough problems and deliver products that work every time. Some examples of applications we support include:
Unmanned aircraft landing systems
Computer vision for precision pose estimation
Hand-held targeting systems
Fly-by-wire control systems for airliners
Damage tolerant flight control for autonomous rotorcraft
For more information: https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Products_and_Services/Defense/Platforms/Unmanned_Air.aspx
Some cool videos showing what we do:
Join a team of Collins Aerospace embedded software engineers responsible for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles flight control and navigation systems.
The primary responsibility of this role is development of real time embedded navigation and flight control systems through the full software development life-cycle in a multidisciplinary avionics and aerospace environment.
- Design code test and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software and simulation software to meet technological and customer requirements
- Define and analyze system software design requirements and write software requirements documents to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
- Write software integration and test plans; conduct software verification testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications and ensure optimum system performance at delivery
- Collaborate with electrical engineers controls engineers and program management team members in planning design and development
- Develop interface definitions in conjunction with design team and enforce interface control documents to record and validate system performance standards and results
- Possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Have 2+ years of real time embedded software systems development experience including defining and documenting requirements, software design and development, programming, testing, and implementation
- A strong working knowledge of C/C++, object oriented design, and real time operating systems
- US Citizenship is required
A successful candidate may:
Have knowledge and experience with the aerospace industry, sensor fusion, vehicle control, computer vision, and/or algorithm development
Have demonstrated team leadership experience
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
5 days ago - source