Join Us to Build a Great Company with Great People with Unlimited Opportunities
Immersion Data Solutions is obsessed with always searching for the best in people, processes, priorities, and client elation. We believe that Good People who are honest and trustworthy will help us grow, innovate and transform our industry. At IDS you will find leadership, and all members of the IDS family who put Employees First, we believe that when we put our employees first we show that everyone matters and the result is a happy, energized workforce that serves our clients well, every time and in every situation. At IDS you will join a group of employees who are Willing to Tackle Challenges and see challenges as the opportunity to problem solve and innovate. At the heart of our services our employees show Integrity by doing what’s right and Desire for Quality, Care in owning their work.
The Drone Pilot/Technical Specialist will serve as a key member of the IDS team helping to generate high quality deliverables for our client’s and will have opportunities to interact with client representatives. This position will also serve as a drone technical expert both inside and outside of the organization.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Conduct UAV platform preparation and maintenance.
- Perform UAV-based imaging of select client sites, including piloting UAV missions, delivering UAV-based images and conducting relevant data-collection uploads.
- Conduct pre-flight planning including weather forecast checks, mission/project planning, and site coordination with all applicable parties.
- Conduct necessary post-flight data processing, transformations, analysis, and reporting.
- Research and stay up-to-date on all relevant UAV equipment functionalities and help specify equipment and platforms.
- Research and stay up-to-date on IDS related technology platforms.
- Managing team of Drone Pilots, directing them in flight missions/project and technical skills.
- Tracking inventory and equipment including drones, batteries, and project data.
- Troubleshooting on-the-spot challenges as they arise.
- Conduct new pilot certification training and verification of skills assessments in the field for IDS team members and independent certified drone pilots.
Nature & Scope:
- Managing field drone operations, both IDS team members and independent certified contractors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Willingness to travel (overnight stays based on supported projects) to various US-based locations.
- Familiarity with iOS & Windows Operating Systems on both desktop and mobile environments.
- Understand and follow created Scope of Work (SOW) and ability to create customized SOW’s based on customer needs, collecting required data and images.
- Technical understanding of photography, lidar, and GPS principles.
- Technical working knowledge of accuracies and tolerances as they relate to surveying and spatial environments.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly to high-pressure situations.
- Pro-actively adjust schedule based on weather forecasts to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Continuous Learning
- Interpersonal Communications
- Personal Management
- Results Driven
- Customer Awareness
- Critical Thinking
- Pilot 107 UAV Remote Pilot Certificate/License
- Experienced, 100+ hours of Logged UAV flight experience.
- Familiar with basic spatial data and data collection systems both manual and automated as they relate to lidar and imaging in multiple spectrums.
- Experience with technology troubleshooting.
- Integrated facilities management, construction, buildings consulting, and or contracting background a plus.
- Experience with 3D reconstruction techniques.
- Experience with CAD and BIM software Platforms.
- Two year technical degree.
Job Type: Full-time
- drone pilot: 1 year (Preferred)
- Photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
about 1 month ago - source
No longer accepting applications.