The Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) is seeking a highly motivated, confident and energetic professional to join our team. This position supports the Trusted Operator ProgramTM (TOP), our certification program for unmanned aircraft system (UAS, or drone) operators.
The Drone Training Program Manager is responsible for program operations and maintenance, including maintaining relationships with authorized certification partners, overseeing the exchange of certification and financial data, and maintaining published certification protocols.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing program operations, including business process design and information flow between certification applicants, partners and AUVSI, and among internal functional managers (IT, accounting, marketing, membership).
- Maintaining the certification database and online TOP OperatorTM
- Supporting the ongoing updating and maintenance of published certification protocols, in coordination with the governing body and the project team.
- Actively promoting TOP through participation in relevant outreach events.
- Maintaining relationships with existing and prospective partners (certifying bodies and training providers).
- Maintaining awareness of emerging regulations, trends and other factors affecting UAS operations, making program development recommendations as needed.
- Supporting the AUVSI Remote Pilots Council, including arranging and facilitating meetings, maintaining records, and coordinating with AUVSI chapters.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant professional experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and manage technical or training programs of comparable scope and complexity, in a cross-functional team environment.
- Presentation skills and public speaking experience sufficient to be able to promote the program at industry, government and public meetings, conferences and other venues.
- Proficiency in common business technology applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, browsers. Willingness to learn new applications as needed.
- Aviation operations, training and safety experience sufficient to serve as a credible representative of the program. (Preferred)
- Have, or earn in the first year of employment, a Part 107 Remote Pilot certificate. (Preferred)
While aviation experience is desirable, we welcome applications from all candidates with relevant technical certification or training experience.
This position may be filled at the Manager or Specialist level, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Reliable, dependable and accountable. You have a strong work ethic, deep sense of accountability and are highly productive.
- Deeply invested in contributing to not just your own success but the success of your teammates and the organization.
- An energetic and self-starting professional ready to take on the next challenge.
- Ready for growth. You have great problem-solving skills, can help pull people and resources together for a common goal and are ready to work toward the next level of project ownership and accountability.
- An association with a legacy of leading this industry for over 45 years and the passion to bring this emerging technology to market.
- Invested in your success! We are not successful unless you are successful and growing—professionally and personally.
- A team who works in a fast-moving, highly collaborative environment, offering great opportunities to work and learn across multiple disciplines.
- People who take our work seriously without taking ourselves too seriously; we are excited about shaping the world to come!
We are conveniently located in the Village at Shirlington—home to fantastic restaurants and eateries, Harris Teeter and other shops.
Benefits include health plan, 401k, fitness center membership and free garage parking.
Visit www.auvsi.orgfor more information about us.
Job Type: Full-time
- work: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate (Preferred)
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.