This role is essential for the speed of services offer to the customer. Drones, sensors, and accessories will be selected, modified, anfd integrated into a configured package for deployment to the field for data collection. Data from the field must be reviewed and pushed to a server so that the data engineer can process it. The role supports the pilots by preparing drones and batteries for the next day operation. The role is a contract role, no benefits offered. Contractor will be compensated via 1099.
This Data Management and Drone Maintenance Technician role requires general knowledge of computer electronics, file transfer from several hard drives to a file server, sensor, and controller selection and maintenance. It requires hands on for performing low level maintenance on drones and battery charging.
- Working off shifts as needed to support flight ops
- Responsibility for transferring data from the drones to a field server and into BOX
- Responsibility to maintain field equipment daily
- Charge batteries and prep drones for flights and shipping
- Act as Visual Observer if needed
- Extensive travel, passport required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or High School Diploma with equivalent experience
- Travel up to 60% of the time, as required
- Basic math and geometry skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to self-direct work
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with computers, drones, robots, typical office software packages, and CAD
- Usage of web-based computer programs
- Good understanding of data folder structure in Windows
- Understanding of gears, lubrication and batteries
- CAD knowledge
- Repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipmentment
- FAA 107 license or ability to obtain one
- Understanding of computer programming languages (eg-VB, Python, C++)
- Houston, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-HOUSTON
3 months ago - source
No longer accepting applications.